Tuesday 5 June 2012

stainless hearts are steel

"I will love you. I will protect you from the butterflies. I will be the awkward clown and have my head cover yours when you have heat rash, I will not laugh at it and make sure you don't scratch. I will join you in your stupendous sauce mixing, and we will order endless buckets of fries. I will speak nicely to your tummy when it starts to get out of hand, and will not make fun of it. I will make you silly sandwiches, however I don't vouch for your bowels. I will be there when you wake at 3:17am and need a nonsensical phone call. I will kiss your cheeks whenever you feel the ugliest and squish you in my arms when you're embarrassed. I will make lists simply because you love them; of food places, random questions and every time you're clumsy (just for the sake of it). I will cry with you so you don't feel alone. I will listen, not just hear. I will love you. I will love you. I will love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment